Benefits of training your dogAugust 30, 2017
Looking for a professional dog walker and pet sitter in Liverpool?
Quite often during our consultations clients have expressed their bad experiences of previous dog walkers and pet sitters. This article highlights 5 points to help you find the right company to care for your beloved pet and personal belongings.
- Qualifications and experience. It is important for us to know that our pets are in the best possible care so it is necessary that the people responsible are qualified and experienced. Knowledge in small animal learning theory and behaviour is necessary to ensure the animals in their care are safe and have fun!
- Reviews and testimonials. Testimonials are a great way for people to get an idea of the carers who will be responsible for an important member of their family. If you can’t find any reviews and the company has been in service for some time, this is perhaps a warning to steer clear. A reputable and proud company should be happy to display reviews from their customers.
- Good practice. Do a little research on the company you’re considering to hire. Ask yourself “are they professional?”, “how do they conduct themselves?”. Do they have a website and are they on social media? This shows a company is not afraid to be transparent. A consultation prior to any services provided is a good way for you to see how your pet reacts and interacts with the person. You can also ask any questions you may have to ease any reservations you may have.
- Insurance and current DBS. A Disclosure and Barring Service gives you added peace of mind that your pet and home is not with someone who may be dangerous. Corporate liability insurance shows the company is responsible and will be aware of reducing risks to keep your possessions and pets safe.
- Price is often an indicator of quality. Low prices should be your first warning of the quality of services provided. The saying “you get what you pay for” couldn’t be more true or more important when hiring someone or a company to care for your pet and home. Higher prices often (although not always) indicate a higher quality of service due to an individual’s or company’s expertise from years of experience and/or qualifications.
Please share our blog through social media & make sure to come like our Facebook page and Instagram page to get all our updates & stay in touch!